Social Security Disability
If you have become unable to work due to an illness or injury, you may be entitled to Social Security disability benefits.
Unfortunately, when you are disabled it is hard to do things, and that includes dealing with the Social Security Administration. The SSA is a large, impersonal, and complicated bureaucracy, and the time when you need it the most is the time when you are least able to deal with the frustrations of trying to get it to help. This is when you need to consider the help of our social security disability lawyers in Richmond and Petersburg, Virginia.
The Social Security Administration’s system for evaluating disability applications and appeal decisions
People who never see you decide your Social Security disability claim at the initial and reconsideration levels. Usually, the initial and reconsideration decisions are not favorable.
If your claim has been denied at both the initial and reconsideration levels, you can request a hearing. A hearing involves a much different procedure. At a hearing, you and your lawyer appear in person before an Administrative Law Judge and explain how your condition makes you unable to work. It is at the hearing level that we win most of the cases we are able to win.
Look for experience, commitment, and quality when picking your Social Security disability lawyer in Richmond, VA
Read some of the published decisions that we have obtained over the decades as we have fought for those who truly deserve disability benefits administered by the Social Security Administration:
- Flowers v. U.S. Department of Health & Human Services, 904 F.2d 211 (4th Cir. 1990)
- Wilkins v. Secretary, Department of Health and Human Services, 953 F.2d 93 (4th Cir. 1991)
- Bailey v. Chater, 68 F.3d 75 (4th Cir. 1995)
This is a critical time for you because getting your Social Security disability benefits is so important to you and your family. Look for experience, commitment, and quality. Contact Cuthbert Law Offices today, either by e-mail at email@example.com/dev or by phone at (804) 733-3100 (Petersburg) or (804) 643-3100 (Richmond).
This is what we offer:
- Experience. We handled our first Social Security disability case in 1980, and have handled thousands since then. Over 30 years of experience have made us fully familiar with the Social Security regulations and the ways to apply them.
- Commitment. We are committed to serving the Southside Virginia Community. Our lawyers were born and raised in Southside Virginia and are committed to the people of Southside Virginia, offering the highest quality legal services to those in need of help. We will continue to serve the community we live in with integrity and passion.
- Quality. Quality in legal services begins with passion grounded in integrity. At Cuthbert Law Offices, we are here because we want to help. We have made a career of helping those in need. We have also made a career of honest representation and hard work. Let our passion work for you.
Let us help with your Virginia Social Security disability claim
Put us to work on your Social Security disability claim. If you are not already represented by a Virginia Social Security disability lawyer and want our evaluation, give us a brief description of your claim using the form on this page, or contact our law offices in Richmond or Petersburg, Virginia.